Endurance Warranty Comparison: Secure Plus, Superior & Supreme Plans (2024)
With so many extended warranty options available on the market, it is important to determine which plan or provider will have the best value for your money. This overview will help inform you of the different types of auto protection plans offered by Endurance, our benefits and drawbacks, and the factors you should consider when shopping for coverage.
We’ll also look at some of the standard benefits our plans offer and provide tips for finding the right plan for your situation. Below is a breakdown of three popular Endurance vehicle protection plans: Secure Plus, Superior, and Supreme. However, we’d like to note that we can also customize any plan to fit your needs and budget.
Who Is Endurance Warranty?
We’re based in Northbrook, Illinois, and we’re incredibly proud to be one of the country’s leading providers of vehicle service contracts (also known as third-party extended auto warranties). Since 2006, we’ve been offering award-winning plans and excellent customer service to help give you confidence for the road ahead.
With Endurance, finding the extended warranty coverage you need for your vehicle and budget is easy. Whether you’re looking for basic powertrain protection for as little as $99 a month or near-factory-like coverage for almost every part of your vehicle, Endurance has you covered. Coverage plans are available for virtually any vehicle, including those up to 20 years old, regardless of mileage.
You’ll also find help for vehicles other third-party extended car warranty companies often overlook, like Canadian Grey Market vehicles, salvage or rebuilt title vehicles, or cars used for commercial purposes like rideshare or delivery services. Even select luxury vehicles, often some of the most expensive cars on the road, can get help with covered repairs with Endurance.
Best of all, you can work directly with our customer care team to customize a plan to suit your needs and budget. We offer a complete 30-day “free look” period if you change your mind. Plus, you can have your repairs done at any ASE Certified mechanic or auto repair shop, so you’re not just stuck going to the dealership for repairs.
With Endurance, you can also enjoy our suite of standard benefits like 24/7 roadside assistance, towing, lockout services, trip interruption coverage, and rental car reimbursement. In addition, we offer an entire year’s worth of Endurance Elite Benefits to all new customers. Just pay a small activation fee, and you’ll get extra perks such as collision discounts, key fob replacement, and tire repair or replacement.
The exclusive Endurance Mobile app allows you to take advantage of all your benefits and more – from checking your contract’s fine print to requesting roadside assistance right – from the palm of your hand.
How Endurance Plans Compare
Let’s take a closer look at how a few of our most popular plans compare and the type of coverage they offer.
- Coverage type: Inclusionary, premium powertrain coverage
- Best extended car warranty: For drivers who rely on their vehicles and are looking for great protection at a great price.
The Secure Plus protection plan combines the Secure plan’s budget-friendly savings and gives you more extensive powertrain coverage at an accessible price point.
As well as having the shortest waiting period of all our plans, the Secure Plus plan covers key components of your vehicle beyond the powertrain — not only the engine and transmission but also the brakes, air conditioning, electrical components, steering, and more.
- Coverage type: Inclusionary
- Best extended car warranty: For drivers looking to cover as many components of their vehicle as possible.
The Superior plan offers the highest level of stated component coverage at Endurance, ranging from your car’s rear suspension all the way to the engine. It includes additional coverage for your air conditioning, suspension, seals and gaskets, and fuel system.
- Coverage type: Exclusionary
- Best extended car warranty: For drivers looking for near-factory-like coverage and peace of mind.
“Highline” is also an extension of the Supreme plan, helping you get protection for difficult-to-cover luxury vehicles such as select models from automakers like BMW, Jaguar, Porsche, Land Rover, Maserati, Mercedes-Benz, and more that are up to eight years old with fewer than 80,000 miles. Some deductibles may apply.
More About Endurance Auto Protection Plans
Whether you choose Secure Plus, Superior, Supreme, or any other Endurance auto protection plan, you can rest easy knowing you’re backed by award-winning coverage and customer service. While we’re available to answer any of your questions regarding your contract, benefits, or the claims process, here are some key things to remember about our contracts:
- Waiting Period: A short waiting period applies to all our plans — find out why here. Essentially, this is to help protect against warranty fraud due to pre-existing conditions on the vehicle. It also acts as your 30-day “free look” period to ensure you’ve got the right coverage for your needs.
- Transferability: Because we’re a direct provider of most of our plans, they are often transferable. This is extremely useful if you give your car to a family member or sell it while your coverage is still active. Find out more about getting the most out of your coverage plan here.
- Standard Benefits: All Endurance customers will enjoy our standard benefits, including 24/7 roadside assistance, towing, and lockout services. You’ll also have rental car reimbursements and trip interruption coverage to help ensure you’re not left stranded.
- Elite Benefits: As a new customer, you can access an entire year’s worth of Endurance Elite Benefits for a $29 activation fee. With these Elite Benefits, you can enjoy even more perks and savings, including up to four tire replacements or repairs, key fob replacements, collision discounts, and even up to $1,000 in total loss protection.
- Maintenance & Use Requirements: From high-mileage vehicles and beyond, Endurance plans have some of the broadest eligibility on the market, but there are still things you need to do as a car owner to keep your coverage active. First, a well-maintained vehicle is less prone to breaking down, so Endurance (and most other providers) require you to keep up with your car’s maintenance. That means getting regular oil changes, tire rotations, filter changes, etc., not just maintaining the covered components of your contract. Tampering with your odometer or misusing your vehicle, like street racing or taking it off-road when it wasn’t made for it, can all void your coverage.
Confidence for the Road Ahead with Endurance
Whether you have a relatively new car just past its factory warranty coverage or a trusted used car, it’s crucial to protect your vehicle. That way, you’ll know that the costs of covered repairs will be covered if you run into any problems. Use the breakdown of our plans, plus the information here, to decide which is suitable for you, your vehicle, your driving habits, and your budget.
Endurance’s award-winning protection plans start with monthly payments as low as just $99 and protect you from expensive repair bills in the face of unexpected component failure. All Endurance Warranty plans come with a host of standard benefits and the ability to go to any certified repair facility or mechanic, including your local dealership. This can save you time and money — and offer real peace of mind.
Read more warranty coverage guides and comparisons or find other articles on topics ranging from vehicle buying guides to DIY maintenance tips, road trip planning guides, and more on all things to do with vehicle ownership at the Endurance blog.
More like this
If you have a phone and a vehicle, chances are you’ve received a robocall with an urgent message that your car’s extended warranty is about to expire. These unsolicited calls..